Thursday, February 26, 2009

Who needs a mug?

"Let's go down to the east river and throw something in, something we can't live with out, in other words let's start again."-- Ani DiFranco

My first thought of the morning: I think we should drink espresso out of wine glasses and wine out of mugs. Isn't it amazing the rules that we live by. All of the things that collectively we have decided should go together and should not. Where do all of these boundaries come from and who exactly has the authority to dictate which glass we drink what out of? So this morning I had a glass of espresso and this evening I will probably have a mug of wine. Maybe you are thinking that your yoga teacher friend should not drink espresso or wine... 

It reminds me of a joke, " A chicken and an egg are having sex. All of the sudden the egg lights up a cigarette and says, "Guess that solves that."

I hope you break at least one boundary today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lauren, I love you!! This here makes me love you 100 times more. What Ani song is that? Oh, and it makes me so happy, and peaceful (although i don't really understand that feeling right now, but nevertheless, peaceful) to read your words. The way you experience life constantly inspires me. Cheers to you, from the wine that I am sipping out of a water glass right now.