Monday, November 17, 2008

Your soul

"Here I am, 
I'm waiting for a better day, 
a second chance, 
a little love to come my way. 
I hope to dream, 
I hope that I can sleep again
and wake in a world 
with clear conscience and clean hands, 
cause all that you have is your soul. 
Don't be tempted by the shiny apple, 
don't you eat the forbidden fruit. 
Hunger only for a taste of justice, 
hunger only for a word of truth 
cause all that you have is your soul."
-- Tracy Chapman

Gather everything that you are- right now. Draw it all into your center and allow it to flood every aspect of your life that you fear. We dash from moment to moment collecting everyone else's opinions and living by everyone else's standards. Whose life are you living right now? A trickle of sweat rolls over my eyebrow and for the first time this week I feel like I am my own best friend. I separate my feet to the width of MY two fists, lift my heart out of my hips and drop my crown to my ankles. Utanasana, a simple forward fold. All of my beauty seeps from my soul and pools between my arches while I wrap my forearms gratefully around my calves. This is the only thing I am clinging to at this moment; ten fingers wrapped around sore ankles and I am the closest thing to me at this moment.
 

No comments: