Saturday, November 1, 2008

However Painful- I Fancy Falling

"This cycle never ends, you've got to fall in order to mend" -- Joshua Radin

I watch. You start to fall and get frustrated. With soggy spirits you exhale and fold. Then paying no attention to how you will get there, what will come first or follow softly and cautiously behind, you fix yourself back into position. Rigid breastplate, locked knees and you don't even know what you are seeing through your own eyes. What happened to the process? What happened in that space in between falling and returning to where you think you should be stuck? In such a small moment the whole world was yours and you passed it along like a second helping of mashed potatoes.

I watch. You start to teeter and isolate yourself. You inhale and float. Your heart melts like a tablet in water. For just a moment I can almost see through your eyes a fluid translation of everything that no one thinks matters, everything that is real. You spill forward and rinse your heart with truth. Then fill yourself gradually with light from the center of your heel to the tip of your nose. I have never seen anything so powerful before. For almost five minutes the whole world was yours and you basked in it like the summer sun.

I watch. We begin all over again. You and I. Barely acknowledging each other yet making this moment together.




***Get your tickets, Missy Higgins and Joshua Radin will be at the Crystal Ballroom on Wednesday night. Ingrid Michaelson will be at the Wonder Ballroom (NE Russell) on the 11th. I would love to catch up with you there- if you are going to go, post a comment or shoot me an email so I know to look for you!***

No comments: